Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Squeaky Chairs and Soup

This morning I was supposed to wake up at 7:30, work out, work on an outline, get a paper together for my group, eat something and get to school early. Instead I snoozed for 3 hours, got up, got food, and am now in Natural Resource Law, utterly unprepared.

The beauty of the last week of school is that no one is prepared, so the awkward silences after the prof asks a question are many.

I sit here focusing on my soup and eating very small bites as not to finish it too soon.

This morning is a metaphor for the whole of my law school experience.

Oh wait, I'm starting to sound like Mere, like someone who is done with law school and graduating in a few weeks.

No my friends, no, I will be here another 14 days plus one year. Sitting in these squeaky chairs and focusing on my soup.

No comments: