Wednesday, April 30, 2008

2 - 7 - 7 - 5

Ash: would u not like to be on top of the world with our legs hanging freeeeeeee

i want to climb the Seven Summits
i want to take a NOLS mountaineering course
then climb kili next summer (or reverse order those bc dont need it)
then need aconcagua
denali
elbrus
cartenz pyramid
the one in antartica
and then stand on top of the world
Mere: This is what I do. This is just who I am. I can never be status quo or avaerage. I thrive on the edge....its like a compulsion, or a hunger that i try to ignore and feed little bits, but in the end always prevails and I must feast.

Joan, you have failed me. I sat your chair one day and went through this whole thing about how i didn't want to climb everest anymore, and that phase of my life was done....
Lies, all lies.

I am going to be living in the mountains, camping and loving life, and planning these trips and i just love it.

LOVE IT - love the edge.
I cant understand how i can love something that i actually try to hate and ignore
I say we save the big E for last, and climb it with respect and grace when we are 40. we will need at least 13 years experience to prepare...you only get 12, you old fart.

Ash: the thing is that people like u and i will never be satisfied with the vanilla, the plain, the mundane...
we must have these adventures and make these crazy, impulsive decisions or some part of our being will be denied and we will eventually blow up and break free
...it is our nature, my friend.

two best friends, 7 continents,
7 summits, 5 years

No comments: